Found this at Jennifer’s place, and she stole it from someone else, which goes to show there just isn’t any honor among thieves. The questions are the same; the answers are mine!
1. What year was the best year of your life? 1997, and here’s why: Robert and I had just gotten back together after briefly being apart. We had just found and moved into a cute and fairly cheap vintage shotgun with hardwoods and tile (all circa 1935). All the good years, it seems, would be ahead of us.
2. One animal or insect that Noah should have left off the ark? Any insect. Pick one.
3. Do you make a wish before blowing out your birthday candles? Sure! I’m still a kid at heart.
4. Do you generally open your bills on the day that you receive them? Technically, no. I usually get e-mail notices of my bills and pay them on line.
5. How many pillows are on your bed? Six.
6. Favorite ice cream flavor? From H.E.B.’s Creamy Creations line, Caramel Turtle Fudge. Yummmm.
7. What is the most dominate color in your wardrobe? White.
8. Have you ever seen a ghost? No, and I wouldn’t believe it if I did.
9. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus? Neither.
10. Favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner? Yes. (Seriously, dinner.)
11. Your favorite fictional animal? E.B. White’s Wilbur, the pig. (Some pig!)
12. Have you ever flown first-class? No, and probably never will.
13. Would you go on a reality show? No way in hell!
14. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the future? Well, I’ve always been fairly optimistic. If you are at your worst point, there isn’t anywhere to go but up, is there? Right now, I’d have to say I’m “cautiously optimistic.”
15. Pancakes or waffles? Pancakes with loads and gobs and scads of syrup!
16. If you could own a home anywhere in the world, where would it be? Somewhere on the beaches of California, preferably Big Sur (assuming money would be no object!).
17. Your favorite Soup of the Day? Tomato
18. What site is a must see for all visitors to your city? The food, and especially Billy Blues (not for the food, but for the excellent music!).
19. Can you recommend a good restaurant in your city? Upscale: Crostini’s on Shepherd. Slumming it: Thelma’s Barbecue on Live Oak. Tex-Mex: Don Iraki’s on Fulton.
20. You go to the zoo; what is the one animal that you want to see? The big cats!
21. Potatoes, rice, or pasta: which is your favorite? Hasta la pasta!
22. What is the best movie that you’ve seen this year? The only movie I’ve seen this year, on DVD, was The Pay Phone.
23. One of your favorite books when you were a child? The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew
24. What in your life are you most grateful for? My good health and my reasonably well-paying job.
25. You are home alone and use the bathroom; do you close the door? Yes, that’s just how I am.
26. What is your favorite small appliance? My Sony Clie.
27. Salty snacks or sweet treats? Savory, salty snacks like chips and guacamole or peanut butter sandwiches.
28. Are you usually a little early, a little late, or right on time? Tardy, always. Just ask my boss.
29. What is the most daring thing that you have ever done? Lifted my top up at a nightclub to gain admittance without paying the $6 cover. Doorman was happy.
30. Have you ever met someone famous? If you count: Tommy Lee Jones, Alex Haley, Charlie Musselwhite, Jerry Douglas, Corey Hart, Patty Smythe and Ric Ocasek.
31. What was one of your favorite games as a child? Cooties.
32. At what age have you looked your best? 22 (1980)
33. One person that never fails to make you laugh? My best friend, Jill.
34. What was the first music that you ever bought? This I’ll never forget: Aerosmith, Toys in the Attic. On eight-track tape! Yeep!
35. If you could change one thing about your family life when you were a child, what would it be? That my mother had better health.
36. What is the one thing that you cook that always receives compliments? My chicken/pasta dishes.
37. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news? Fox News, The Houston Chronicle and Click2Houston.com.
38. In the last calendar year, how many people have you told that you love them? One and I’ll leave you to guess who that is.
39. Who received your first kiss? I plead the Fifth.
40. The single most important quality in a mate? His intelligence.
41. What do you value most in a relationship? Honestly, followed closely by compassion.
42. Do you believe that you have a soulmate? If yes, have you already met? Yes and Yes.
43. Do you consider yourself well organized? I used to be. Now I can’t find my butt with both hands in the dark. Again, just ask my boss.
44. On average, how many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? Intentionally? Never!
45. Did you ever make a prank phone call? No.
46. What one quality do you seek in a friend? Intelligence and a sense of humor.
47. Have you ever killed an animal? No!!! Well, I put my kitty, Fred, to sleep in April 1994. Does that count?
48. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? A disk jockey.
49. Do you believe in an afterlife? Sort of.
50. What would you like to accomplish with the remaining years of your life? Organize myself, and do my best at work. Also see that Robert’s quality of life (and ergo, mine) improves as we head toward our golden years.
And here are 15 more questions:
1. What is the “theme” on your calendar this year? As every year since 1987, Lowell Herrero’s Cats.
2. Do you read the newspaper every day? Online only.
3. What kind of shoes are you wearing right now? Barefooted!
4. What magazines do you subscribe to? Old Home Interiors.
5. What is your favorite condiment? Butter?
6. What was the first occupation you remember wanting to have? Disk jockey. I just thought they were cool; didn’t realize how underpaid most of them really are (notwithstanding the Don Imuses and Howard Sterns of the broadcasting world).
7. Do you have a green thumb? No.
8. Did you have an imaginary friend when you were little? No.
9. Do you floss regularly? No.
10. If you could still hang posters of celebrities on your walls and get away with it like when you were 12, who would be on your walls right now? Benicio Del Toro and Denzel Washington.
11. Do you keep shoe boxes or throw them away? If they are nice ones, I keep them.
12. Would you be embarrassed if someone looked under your bed? No, there’s nothing there!
13. If you could be one character in a book, who would you be? Stephanie Plum without a doubt!
14. What do you sleep in? A queen-size Stearns & Foster with my Laura Ashley sheets and vintage crochet pillowcases collected off e-Bay, and my chenille bedspread. Oh, and one cat, sometimes both.
15. What is your favourite word? Denouement. However, I seldom have occasion to use it in everyday speech.