JONI MUELLER, PLS, CLA
Why should you hire me? I’m good at what I do, I care deeply about my work product, I am diligent, thorough and accurate. I am a quick and accurate typist, have mastered Microsoft Office, have excellent computer and online research skills. And I love the law. But mostly, I make a mean pound cake.
If you don’t have enough time to do it right, when are you going to have time to do it over?
- High School Diploma, May 1976
- South San Antonio High School, San Antonio, Texas
- Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010 (PC) and 2011 (Mac) productivity software, including Word (power user), Excel, PowerPoint (power user) and Access; Elite timekeeping and billing software; Best Authority Table of Authorities software; Workshare Compare Rite redlining software; Right Fax faxing software, Adobe Acrobat software (power user); CaseFileXpress, FileTime, PACER ECF.
- Shorthand dictation (Gregg method), 140 wpm.
- Typing speed, 125 wpm.
- Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP (formerly Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.)
- Since coming to the firm from San Antonio in 1991, I have worked for several partners in the litigation department, in all facets of the law, including FELA, breast implant/MDL, admiralty, appellate, and most recently, Night Staff Secretary. My duties include drafting routine correspondence and pleadings, proofreading appellate briefs, cite-checking, preparing tables of authority and tables of content, maintaining and distributing section appellate docket, e-filing, and other routine secretarial duties. In my down time I often peruse the latest released opinions in the Texas appellate and circuit courts looking for opinions of interest to the attorneys or which may be helpful to ongoing cases that I know they are involved in. Light machine dictation.
- Foster, Lewis, Langley, Gardner & Banack, P.C.
- Legal secretary to partner specializing in medical malpractice insurance defense. Duties included drafting routine correspondence and pleadings, maintaining trial docket, assisting attorney in trial and trial preparation, billing, personal correspondence, and other routine secretarial and administrative duties. Light machine and shorthand dictation.
- Plunkett, Gibson & Allen, Inc.
- Legal secretary to partner specializing in medical malpractice insurance defense. Duties included drafting routine correspondence and pleadings, maintaining trial docket, assisting attorney in pretrial and trial preparation, billing, personal correspondence, and other routine secretarial and administrative duties. Heavy machine and shorthand dictation.
- Cox & Smith Incorporated (n/k/a Dykema Cox Smith)
- Legal secretary to senior associate specializing in banking and securities law. Duties included drafting routine correspondence and banking and securities forms, proofreading SEC and OCC filings, some legal research, billing, personal correspondence and other routine secretarial and administrative duties. Light machine and shorthand dictation.
- Dobbins, Harris & Gonzalez
- Legal secretary to named partner specializing in municipal and municipal bond law. Duties included drafting routine correspondence to municipal and utility clients; preparation of routine ordinances and orders as housekeeping measure; preparation of monthly invoices; and other routine secretarial and administrative duties. Light machine and shorthand dictation.
- Attained PLS Certification, May 1985
- Sat for and successfully passed two-day PLS (Professional Legal Secretary) certification examination sponsored by the National Association of Legal Secretaries (NALS).
- Legal Secretary of the Year, August 1985
- Named Legal Secretary of the Year by Bexar County Legal Secretaries’ Ass’n, San Antonio, Texas.
- Attained CLA Certification, August 1986
- Sat for and successfully passed two-day CLA (Certified Legal Assistant) certification examination sponsored by the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA).
- Keynote Speaker, Texas Ass’n of Legal Secretaries Fall Meeting, September 1991.
- Presented four-hour seminar on trial preparation from a legal secretary’s standpoint. Included visual aids and written materials.
PERSONAL INFO & REFERENCES
Will be furnished upon request.
- Web design and development; reading; cooking.
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonimueller
Download a PDF version of Joni’s resume.