Since both Robert and I are diabetic, I devised a quick and easy dessert that tastes good and is sugar free. It requires obtaining a sugar-free lemon pound cake, which I have found at a local grocer, Seller Brothers. If you can’t find such a cake in your location, I suggest angel food cake as it is the lightest cake you’ll find other than this.
- A sugar-free lemon or plain cream or pound cake or an angel food cake
- 2 cups fresh sweet blueberries sprinkled with Splenda to make their own juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Container sugar-free Cool Whip
- In saucepan, combine the cornstarch, Splenda and water.
- Cook, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and clear, about 5 mins.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, stirring constantly to blend the juice into the mixture.
- Cool mixture in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Blend one cup of sugar free Cool Whip into the cornstarch mixture.
- Place two thin slices of lemon cream cake onto a dessert plate, put a dollop of lemon cream sauce on each cake slice, sprinkle with berries and serve.