Okay, it’s early because Heather got it out early! (It may very well be the ONLY time this year I’ve come in under deadline!)
1. What was your biggest accomplishment this year? Hrm. This was a ho-hum year except for the extra assignment. And I did triumph over that. Yet, my biggest accomplishment this year, I believe, has been to take control of my finances. I remember this time last year, I wasn’t in as good a shape financially. And this year, not only have I been able to tuck some money away for our NYC trip next spring, but was able to splurge on some goodies for us for Christmas this year. Yeah, Santa was good to Robert and Joni this year!
2. What was your biggest disappointment? The debacle that was the extra assignment this year. It was failure looking to happen and it happened to me. I don’t think anyone held my inability to keep up against me, since I did get a decent raise this year, despite the fact that neither of my then-bossettes reviewed me (to my knowledge).
3. Will you be making any New Year’s resolutions? No, that is another thing that is destined to fail before it gets off the ground.
4. Where will you be at midnight? Do you wish you could be somewhere else? I’ll be right here at home with Robert and the cats, and I couldn’t think of anywhere else I’d rather be!
5. Aside from (possibly) staying up late, do you have any other New Year’s traditions? Well, we are night owls to begin with, so really, we might break tradition by going to bed when the news is on…. nah!! We’ll probably stay up awhile, and ring in the new year by slapping the cats at the stroke of midnight. If the New Year’s holiday hadn’t fallen smack dab in the middle of the week and if I were able to take some time off, we might have been tempted to drive to Louisiana (destination: Nawlins). We did that one New Year’s Eve. It was completely spur of the moment. (Great thing about having cats, rather than dogs: automatic feeders and litter pans. The cats take care of themselves for the day and a half or two days that you are away!)