I’m sick to death of the warmongers criticizing those of us who don’t want to see a war as siding with Hussein on top of it. They all have pretty damn short memories. A quick Google search will tell you that the United States has been in bed with Hussein since at least as long as I’ve been alive.
I’m going back through my IE6 History folder and pulling links that I’ve found. This post contains, as you might suspect, anti-war links. I’ll post pro-war, Let’s Go Kick Saddam’s Ass (or “LGKSA”) links in my next post.
You know, I’ve always taken little interest in politics. If it didn’t happen right in my back yard or under my nose, I couldn’t care less. But this is starting to snowball into something that will affect each and every one of us. I don’t want to be caught sleeping through it.
One of my big regrets was that, as a teen growing up in the Watergate era, I remember little of it. The only things that really stick in my mind — and not because I witnessed them on television as they happened, but probably because they became oft-repeated sound bites through the years — are the image of Pat and Richard Nixon leaving the White House for the last time, and Nixon’s famous (or infamous) “I am not a crook” speech.
Anyway, here are some of the links I’ve gathered in the past few weeks. These deal specifically with the fact of the US aiding and abetting Saddam Hussein and his regime throughout the years.
- U.S. Armed Saddam Hussein With Chemical Weapons
- The U.S. and the Iran/Iraq War
- Saddam’s Parallel Universe (scroll down to “Iraq’s Special Relationship”)
- IraqGate: The One that (Almost) Got Away
- Blast to the Future: IraqGate (Op-Ed piece for Americal Politics Journal). Scroll down to “Dubya and BCCI” to read just how Dubya’s dealings ten years ago may be clouding his view today. Can you say “thick as thieves”?
- Book Review: The Death Lobby: How the West Armed Iraq
- Is the US Waging GermWarfare on Iraq? from International Action Center
That ought to keep you busy reading for a few minutes.