[50 Answers to 50 Questions]
1. Your name spelled backwards.
inoj — sounds like eunuch. Ugh!
2. Where were your parents born?
I am adopted so I’ll just have to answer that my adoptive mother (my MOTHER) was born in Goose Creek, Texas, but grew up in Cour d’Alene, Idaho.
3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Ram-Idle Standard for Windows
4. What’s your favorite restaurant?
Depends on what city I’m in:
San Antonio: Chris Madrid’s; Houston: Mai’s Viet-Namese; Austin: Katz’s Deli
5. Last time you swam in a pool?
May 1997 at the Q Sports Club where I had a membership. Let’s just say it was a $3,000 workout and leave it at that.
6. Have you ever been in a school play?
Yes, in the 3rd grade. I was Little John (please, DON’T ask….)
7. How many kids do you want?
Exactly how many I have now: zero. (Unless you count the 53-year old adopted child I have!)
8. Type of music you dislike most?
Rap, followed by Opera (except some Andre Bocelli pieces that I can tolerate)
9. Are you registered to vote?
10. Do you have cable?
Yes. Extended; and I now also have cable internet service. Woot!
11. Have you ever ridden on a moped?
12. Ever prank call anybody?
13. Ever get a parking ticket?
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
15. Furthest place you ever traveled.
Laguna Niquel, California, to pick up my car last year on my birthday!
16. Do you have a garden?
No, unless you count our postage-stamp size patio where Robert has coaxed a couple of aloe, a few pots of ivy (pothos) and a ficus to flourish.
17. What’s your favorite comic strip?
Mother Goose and Grimm.
18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem?
Not only that, but I can also sing the Israeli national anthem in Hebrew, the Russian in English, the French in French and English, and the German in English. (Again, DON’T ask!)
19. Bath or Shower, morning or night?
Shower, morning. Otherwise, how on earth do you expect me to wake up?!
20. Best movie you’ve seen in the past month?
Do rented videos count? If so, then “Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou?”
21. Favorite pizza topping?
Onions and bell peppers.
22. Chips or popcorn?
Neither. I prefer Cheese Doodles.
23. What color lipstick do you usually wear?
None, but when I do, I usually wear a soft coral perlescent.
24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells?
No, and I’ve never smoked cigarettes, either, except for one time in my life.
25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
26. Orange juice or apple?
27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine?
Jill, Hungry’s. We had chicken and avocado pita pockets and key lime pie.
28. Favorite type chocolate bar?
Chunky or Almond Joy.
29. When was the last time you voted at the polls?
When John Anderson was running on the independent ticket in 1980.
30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
When my mother was alive.
31. Have you ever won a trophy?
32. Are you a good cook?
Depends on the dish. I cannot for the life of me make decent pie crust. And my cookies stink. (Robert’s cookies are heavenly!). But I can whip out meat, chicken, fish and vegetable entrees all day and all night, baby!
33. Do you know how to pump your own gas?
I agree with SugarMama: Did this question originate in the 1920s? It’s outdated. Throw it out. I know too many women who not only pump their own gas but change their own tires, oil, brakes, etc.
34. Ever order an article from an infomercial?
35. Sprite or 7-up?
Neither. Big Red or iced tea.
36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work?
No and I wouldn’t have a job that required me to do so.
37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
Pharmaceuticals, what else? Again, I agree with Sugarmama: Drugs. This is like asking “what’s the last thing you bought at the shoe store?” Uh, shoes?
38. Ever throw up in public?
39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love?
Since I’ve already found true love, and I’ve figured out that wealthy people, even filthy rich people, are just as miserable as the rest of us, I’ll stand pat with what I have, thankyouverymuch.
40. Do you believe in love at first sight?
No. You can’t even get to know a parakeet in a day, how can you figure out another human being is right for you?
41. Ever call a 1-900 number?
42. Can ex’s be friends?
No. If the relationship is over, it’s over on all levels. That’s not my immaturity speaking, it’s just plain fact. If there were the capacity for friendship, the love would probably still be there too. But usually when a relationship starts to decline it’s because respect has been lost, and that means the friendship is toast.
43. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital?
Robert several years ago.
44. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby?
45. What message is on your answering machine?
I don’t have an answering machine. But if I did, the message would be short and sweet: “Please leave a message at the tone.”
46. What’s your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character?
Frankenstein, Tarzan and Tonto.
47. What was the name of your first pet?
Sandy, an orange tabby cat. I decided that wasn’t enough of a name so reversed the letters of his name (a la question no. 1 here), then added my newfound (I was six at the time) favorite word to get his full “pedigree” name:
SANDY YDNAS HELIOTROPE. He was a fine cat. But he ate my parakeet.
48. What is in your purse?
Wallet, lipstick, travel-size bottle of Lancome Aroma Tonic “Energizing Cooling Body Smoother,” car keys, key-card (for my building), a book of stamps, my Franklin Rex (electronic rolodex), some loose change.
49. Favorite thing to do before bedtime?
Settle in wearing my big thirsty terrycloth bathroom and nuzzle and tickle my cats (and Robert too if he’s lucky) before drifting off to sleep.
50. What is one thing you are grateful for today?
I am alive and relatively free from worries.