I hope no one thinks this is in poor taste, but we all need a bit of levity from time to time. Fresh from my e-mail in-box, the top 10 reasons why Hurricane Season is a lot like Christmas:
THE TOP TEN REASONS HURRICANE SEASON IS LIKE CHRISTMAS:
10. Decorating the house (boarding up windows).
9. Dragging out boxes that haven’t been used since last season (camping gear, flashlights, etc.).
8. Last minute shopping in crowded stores.
7. Regular TV shows are preempted for “specials.”
6. Family coming to stay w/you.
5. Family & friends from out-of-state calling.
4. Buying food you don’t normally buy, & in large quantities.
3. Days off from work !
And the #1 reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas …
1. At some point you know you’re going to have a tree in your house!!!