At last, a Friday Five that I feel like participating in!
1. What time do you wake up on weekday mornings? Around 7:15 a.m.
2. Do you sleep in on the weekends? How late? A little bit. I usually wake up between 8 and 9 a.m.
3. Aside from waking up, what is the first thing you do in the morning? Greet Robert and the two cats, Sunny and Simon.
4. How long does it take to get ready for your day? Not long! I usually know what I’m going to wear to work. I jump in the shower, dress, and if I’m lucky, Robert meets me in the hallway with a cup of coffee. I can be up, dressed and out the door in about 20 minutes flat if necessary. When left to my own devices (no deadline), I can take forever.
5. When possible, what is your favorite place to go for breakfast? The best place for breakfast is my own kitchen. Robert usually makes scrumptious breakfast tacos on the weekends. When we lived in San Antonio, we loved to have Sunday breakfast at Mi Tierra. We’d get a big booth and spread out the newspaper while sipping strong coffee and waiting for our food to arrive. I haven’t found a comparable place in Houston. However, since I have the day off today (!), and have been craving pancakes with lots of maple syrup, we will probably head over to the IHOP on the Gulf Freeway after morning rush hour is over. Then after that, it’s to the dentist for me. (Ugh.)