1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not? No, I really don’t. I went for years without a telephone. People learned to get a hold of me at work. (Where I sit within inches of this instrument of evil all day long….) It is rumored that Arthur Godfrey detested phones. He had one installed, finally, for his own convenience. So HE could call out. He is reported to have said, “The first day that *#&$%& thing rings, I’m yanking it out of the wall!”
2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone? Robert, at around nine p.m. Thursday evening to tell him I was finally leaving the office!
3. About how many telephones do you have at home? “About” how many? Shouldn’t people know the exact number? It’s not like they breed or anything. (About 4 rabbits….) I have two modular phones (one in bedroom and other in computer room) and a cell phone.
4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened? People who eat, use the restroom or do other things while they are on the phone with me will soon be listening to a dial tone. And people who yak on the phone while at the wheel of the car should have the instruments shoved right up their aural orifices.
5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not? E-mail, definitely. Because I type faster than I do just about anything else.