God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change…
1. Whether or not someone will love me (fortunately, it appears that Robert does)
2. The fact that my department is not going to hire any additional support staff
3. My workload is not going to get any lighter
4. Whether or not my 14-year old car will decide it can go a month without breaking down
5. My elderly cat is gonna keep getting older….
the courage to change the things I can…
1. I can choose who I want to love (hopefully, I’ve made the right choice)
2. I can only do so much in a day; the rest will have to wait until tomorrow
3. I can have a cheerful attitude about the work I do manage to get done in a day
4. I need to be sure I have some spare cash laying around for “Z Emergencies”
5. I can love my little cat every moment he’s with me and worry about whether he shits on my bed after he’s gone
And the wisdom to know the difference….