Just in time for the Friday Five!
1. Name one song you hate to admit you like. Pop A Top, by Jim Ed Brown. It’s the ultimate honky tonk song and I will never admit to liking country music. (Although an ex of mine said that for someone who doesn’t like country music, “you sure do know the words to an awful lot of country songs”!)
2. Name two songs that always make you cry. Wild Horses by The Rolling Stones, and Time to Say Goodbye by Sarah Brightman and Andre Bocelli.
3. Name three songs that turn you on. I don’t know that songs “turn me on” but there are some songs that get my big old butt to moving. (Which is markedly different from making me feel good (#4), trust me!) So using that criteria, the current favorites are Ready to Go by Republica; Get Into the Groove by Madonna; and Kitty Kat by The Blue Knights.
4. Name four songs that always make you feel good. Feeling good is much different from feeling motivated or inspired. These songs invoke a sense of well-being…. Canon in D Minor by Pachelbel; What the World Needs Now by Dionne Warwick; anything by Acoustic Alchemy; and King of Dixie by Tommy Elskes.
5. Name five songs you couldn’t ever do without. Probably all of the songs in No. 4 plus Kitty Kat (or anything else for that matter) by The Blue Knights.