It’s only 2:30 in the morning here. Breakfast won’t be a reality for another six hours. Fortunately, I’m a creature of habit….
1. What did you have for breakfast this morning? If you didn’t have breakfast, why not? It’s too early. But I already know what I’m having. An “everything” bagel, toasted, with butter. And my usual coffee, liberally laced with hazelnut coffee creamer.
2. What’s your favorite cereal? My favorite cereal is one that I never buy to keep in the house. Haven’t eaten it in awhile. Why? I’d just make a pig of myself. Sugar Pops. Er, I think they’re called CORN Pops now. (Is there less sugar in them now? Do they taste like the used to when I was a kid? I’ve never tried Corn Pops. Probably won’t. Some memories are better left undisturbed.)
3. How often do you eat out? Do you want that to change? We seldom eat out except on special occasions (birthdays, usually). I have been eating out at lunch a lot more than I like but that’s because I’ve been lazy about bringing my lunch. Today, in fact, I’ll be brown-bagging it again.
4. What do you plan on having for dinner tonight? Got a recipe for that? Robert is generally the cook around here. What he does to fowl and beef should be against the law. I think we are having steak, potato and a movie tonight, since it’s Friday night. Go Robert.
5. What’s your favorite restaurant? Why? Mai’s Vietnamese Restaurant. The food is great. We usually start out with the grilled chicken spring rolls. To die for. Their iced tea is wonderful and their lemonade is out of this world. They’ll make any dish “mild” for you (which I like, since I’m a wimp when it comes to overly spicy food). This restaurant is open until 3AM! Great place to go when you’ve been out clubbing and have worked up an appetite, it’s Friday night and you can stay up as late as you like. Head to Mai’s.