Though I’m happy to say I no longer need this advice, having settled down happily with my soulmate since 1980 (we rediscovered one another in 1997 after a three-year separation), I found these to be mildly amusing and possibly somewhat applicable.
Read Each One Carefully and Think About It a Second or Two
1. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.
2. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won’t make you cry.
3. Just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to, doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.
4. A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
5. The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can’t have them.
6. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.
7. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
8. Don’t waste your time on a man/woman, who isn’t willing to waste their time on you.
9. Maybe the Fates want us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful. (A new spin on the old “You gotta kiss a lotta frogs before you meet a prince” cliche?)
10. Don’t cry because it is over, smile because it happened.
11. There’s always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.
12. Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.
13. Don’t try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.